A Patented extrusion process in manufacturing this filter cartridge produces an activated carbon block with superior ability to adsorb chlorine, taste, odour, organics, and colour components acting as a very suitable media for taste filtration.
Germ Africa stock this standard in our Johannesburg and Durban Offices.
ACTIVATED CARBON BLOCK FILTER CARTRIDGE - A solution to your filtration needs at home and in your business.
Carbon Block – Features & Benefits
- High adsorptive capacity and efficiency
- More carbon at lower pressure drop than granular carbon
- Outer melt blown wrap provides particulate removal capability
- Minimal release of carbon fines
- No channelling, fluidizing or bypass
- Performance tested and verified by independent laboratory
- Manufactured using FDA listed materials of construction
- Cyst+ is a cyst reduction filter tested in accordance with ANSI/NSF Standard 53*
- Coco+ features coconut shell carbon for improved water taste
- NSF Components (Standard 42)
*Performance Tested and Verified by Independent Laboratory Testing.
For a range of housing to to be used with this filter or other media that our team can be provide please contact at on the details at the bottom of this page.
Our FH range of filter cartridge housing will provide your housing to suite your needs from a single 10″ filter cartridge housing through to a 51SL4 that is 51 off 40″ cartridges in one housing.https://www.germafrica.com/filter-housing
Activated Carbon block Filter – Specifications
|End Caps Adhesive:||Low Density Polyethylen|
|End Configuration:||Double Open End|
|Outer Wrap:||Melt Blown Poly-prop|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||125 F (52 C)|
|Maximum Differential Pressure||100 psid (6.9 bar)|
|Maximum Operating Pressure||250 psig (17.2 bar)|
|Collapse Pressure||200 psid (13.8 bar)|
|Steam/Autoclave||Do not steam or autoclave Carbon COT+9″75 filters|
|Flush – Filters should be flushed for a minimum of 5 minutes prior to use|
Applications – Taste Filtration
Whilst the filter will obviously filter particles to 5µ (micron) it is important to ensure a cartridge is serving your needs. Water through filters varies from borehole to mains.
Drinking Water • Cyst Reduction • Chlorine Removal • Bottled Water • Color removal • Soft Drinks • Flavor removal
NSF – The Carbtec filter is Tested and Certified by NSF International against NSF/ANSI standard 42 for material requirements only