At the heart of all FICL’s filters is the Sterasyl™ ceramic. The ceramic is impregnated with silver to inhibit the growth of bacteria. Sterasyl™ ceramics have a tightly controlled complex pore structure, which has unparalleled filtration properties. Sterasyl™ is effective in both gravity and pressure filters.
Benefits: With its Absolute filtration rating (defined as >99.99%) of 0.9 microns, Sterasyl™ is highly effective against particulate contamination, pathogenic bacteria, cysts etc.
Doulton Sterasyl is a highly efficient ceramic micro filter which provides genuine submicron filtration of drinking water. Sterasyl is manufactured with the highly consistent and controlled pore structure necessary to remove a wide range of waterborne contaminants over the life of the cartridge.
- Fits Industry standard 10” filter housings.
- Filtration efficiency of 100% at 0.9 micron
- Filtration efficiency of > 98% at 0.2 micron
- Highly efficient bacteriological filtration with >90% efficiency at 0.05 microns
- Tested with live Cryptosporidium to a removal efficiency 100%
- Ideal for RO guard and post filtration
- Complimentary to UV systems
In addition to fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity are removed to a high level of efficiency. The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure inhibits the growth of bacteria and gives each cartridge enhanced bacteriostatic and self-sterilising properties.