The Sterasyl™ ceramic is fitted with an activated carbon block insert which contains lead removal media to produce the Ultracarb™. Among other things, activated carbon is very effective at removing chlorine and organics from water. Ultracarb™ is designed to be used in pressure filters (on a mains water supply), not in gravity filters.
Benefits: Ultracarb™ has all the benefits of Sterasyl™ (removal of particles, pathogenic bacteria, cysts etc.) with additional chlorine, organics and lead removal capabilities.
The Doulton Ultracarb is a three stage cartridge combining the highly efficient filtration properties of ceramic with the enhanced water treatment properties of activated carbon and the heavy metal reduction capabilities of ion exchange media.
The first stage consists of Doulton Sterasyl® ceramic which provides genuine sub-micron filtration. The cartridge reduces fine particulate matter, bacteria, cysts and turbidity. The incorporation of silver locked within the ceramic structure gives enhanced bacteriostatic and self-sterilising properties.
An inner core of activated carbon block removes chlorine and organic compounds.
Ion exchange resin reduces Lead and other heavy metals.
Fits industry standard 10”and 20” filter housings
- Three filtration stages within a single cartridge
- Filtration efficiency of > 99.99% at 0.9 micron
- Filtration efficiency of > 99.9% at 0.5 to 0.8 micron
- Highly efficient bacteriological filtration
FILTERED AND TREATED WATER
- Tested with live Cryptosporidium to a removal efficiency >99.999%
- Ideal for R O guard and post filtration
- Complimentary to UV systems
- High levels of Chlorine and organics removal
- Lead and other heavy metal